• 02-23-2004, 06:15 PM
    mark4man
    Want DigiCam w/ TIFF & MPEG?
    People,

I want to purchase a DigiCam that's around 4 megapixels.

It has support TIFF, as I want a lossless format; & it has to take movies w/ sound.

Is there anything out there that fits that bill…from the major mfg.’s?

Thanks,

mark4man
  • 02-23-2004, 07:42 PM
    Michael Fanelli
    Well...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mark4man
    People,

I want to purchase a DigiCam that's around 4 megapixels.

It has support TIFF, as I want a lossless format; & it has to take movies w/ sound.

Is there anything out there that fits that bill?from the major mfg.?s?
    mark4man

You don't really want TIFF. Yeah, it's lossless but the files are huge. What you really want is a camera that can store RAW images, pretty much lossless "negatives" that are bigger than jpeg but a lot smaller than TIFF.

There may be a camera out there that does mpeg but the ones I've seen store files in AVI format. Look around, I don't pay a lot of attention to movie modes.
  • 02-24-2004, 06:54 PM
    mark4man
    Michael,

Thanks for the response. Did a bit of research on RAW format today...& yes, you're right...that would be fine (actually, preferable.)

But in going over lots of DigiCams, none of them seem to support both an uncompressed file format "&" movies w/ audio (& I don't really care if it's AVI or MPEG, as long as it has audio.)

And that's what I really need.

Thanks,

mark4man
  • 02-25-2004, 05:53 PM
    Michael Fanelli
    Hmmm?
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mark4man
    Michael,
    But in going over lots of DigiCams, none of them seem to support both an uncompressed file format "&" movies w/ audio (& I don't really care if it's AVI or MPEG, as long as it has audio.)
    mark4man

Which cameras are you looking at? Almost every consumer digicam I've seen has a movie mode. And none of them are silent. Let us know what you've looked at.