Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Thread: Minolta Z6

Minolta Z6

Hi,
    I can't seem to find any reviews on the Z6. Unfortunately, since I'm up here in Ont. Can., Costco was the only place I have seen that carried a Minolta camera and that was just the Z5.
    I can get the Z6 with my airmiles, so that's why I was wondering if it will be a good camera.
    I also looked at the Olympus Evolt E300, good reviews, but way to heavy and big for me.
    The Minolta X1 looks promising, but only 3X optical.
    Hoping to hear from someone. Thanks again in advance........Barb

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar

Re: Minolta Z6

Quote Originally Posted by barb_48
    Hi,
    I can't seem to find any reviews on the Z6. Unfortunately, since I'm up here in Ont. Can., Costco was the only place I have seen that carried a Minolta camera and that was just the Z5.
    I can get the Z6 with my airmiles, so that's why I was wondering if it will be a good camera.
    I also looked at the Olympus Evolt E300, good reviews, but way to heavy and big for me.
    The Minolta X1 looks promising, but only 3X optical.
    Hoping to hear from someone. Thanks again in advance........Barb
    The Z6 was just released a few weeks ago (August 19). It will take a while for them to appear in stores and longer to get a review. Sorry!
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Re: Minolta Z6

I bought a Z6 last week. I find it to be pretty impressive for the money (~$350). The anti-shake feature is excellent. Low light noise is decent. The 12x zoom is very effective even in low light without a tripod. Exposure seems accurate and the natural color is very true. I've not taken enough pics to give a decent review but my initial impression is favorable. I've shot about 300 pictures on a set of 2300ma NiMH and they are still going strong so this camera has a pretty economical use of current.
    Jim
    "Funky Monkey" tops the charts at MacIdol.com for over 60 months.
    Listen to my music here.

Thread Information