• 04-26-2004, 06:39 PM
    sue614
    Sony Cyber Shot Blurry Photos
    I need some help. I have had this Sony Cyber Shot DSC-P72 for just about a year. I took the camera on vacation last June and the pictures were fine.
    Now everytime I take a photo, they are blurry. I don't think any settings were changed but at this point.....I'm not sure how to troubleshoot the camera.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
  • 04-27-2004, 05:16 PM
    Photo-John
    What kind of blurry?
    Sue -
    There's more than one kind of blurry. Are they out-of-focus blurry, or do the photos have motion blur? If the photos are all out-of-focus, it could be the aoutfocus isn't working right. If they all have motion blur, it could be a setting was changed.

Can you post a sample image so I can take a look?
  • 04-27-2004, 05:39 PM
    sue614
  • 04-27-2004, 06:03 PM
    Photo-John
    Perfect!
    Sue-
    Thanks a lot. That photo is a perfect sample. You're problem is not enough light, resulting in too slow of a shutter speed and motion blur. A couple solutions would be to use the flash or use a tripod. If you had taken a similar photo outdoors, with sunlight, I don't think you would have had any problems. Of course, the light is actually nice in your photo, but you need to have more light or hold the camera more steady. Hence, the recommendation for flash or tripod.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
  • 04-27-2004, 06:32 PM
    sue614
    Thanks John
    I just picked up the camera and noticed that someone turned the flash off. I'll do some experimenting tomorrow.
  • 04-28-2004, 11:48 AM
    Photo-John
    Thought that might be the case
    I was going to say something about the flash settings being changed, but I forgot. I would recommend starting to make decisions about when and how to use the flash, yourself. Auto-flash doesn't result in the best photos. If you do need flash, try manually turning it on instead of using the auto-fash setting. I think you'll like the results better - especially indoors. In low light, manual flash uses slower shutter speeds so that your background doesn't end up black or harsh. Try is and see what you think.
  • 06-08-2011, 09:56 AM
    bgar15
    Re: Sony Cyber Shot Blurry Photos
    I'm selling a new Sony Camera Battery, NP-FG1.
    It is compatible with most past and present camera models.
    It goes for around $30-50 retail.

Follow this Ebay information if interested...
    Seller- BGar15
    Item Number- 170649394149