Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Samsung Food Showcase Refrigerator (FSR)

In order to improve my diet I need to step up and become more organised. This means meal planning, with more fresh fruit and vegetables. Having time to plan meals, and cook them in a busy schedule is difficult. Ideally what I want to do is batch cook and freeze things. Two problems with this I find is one, I never have enough room to store the fresh vegetables until they are ready. This results in them being squashed together or forgotten about. Two, when I do freeze them I forget to label them with the date – hence not knowing how long they have been in there. Last night Samsung invited me to celebrate the launch of the Food showcase (FSR) refrigerator – the ultimate kitchen – which I think has the answer to my kitchen prayers.

Re: Samsung Food Showcase Refrigerator (FSR)

Quote Originally Posted by carnachpace View Post
    In order to improve my diet I need to step up and become more organised. This means meal planning, with more fresh fruit and vegetables. Having time to plan meals, and cook them in a busy schedule is difficult. Ideally what I want to do is batch cook and freeze things. Two problems with this I find is one, I never have enough room to store the fresh vegetables until they are ready. This results in them being squashed together or forgotten about. Two, when I do freeze them I forget to label them with the date – hence not knowing how long they have been in there. Last night Samsung invited me to celebrate the launch of the Food showcase (FSR) refrigerator – the ultimate kitchen – which I think has the answer to my kitchen prayers.
    What is different and amazing about the FSR is that is has a two door layered system. The Showcase door opens for easy access to items that you use regularly. This means that everything in the InnerCase (large food items, meat, fruit, vegetables, drinks etc) still remain completely cold – saving money and energy, whilst keeping them fresher. The ShowCase door is then adjustable to meet the differing needs of each family – with customisable compartments and divided into zones.

It allows features a Metal Cooling door to ensure efficient cooling performance. Samsung’s All-Around Cooling feature evenly cools every inch of the fridge as well as the freezer. Cold air is blown out through multiple outlets at every level. As a result, the refrigerator area keeps fruit and vegetables fresher for longer and the freezer reduces freezer burn, and as a result better maintains the quality of frozen food. This smart technology means more energy saving, less noise and a much more durable appliance.
    The high-end model features removable drawers so you can take the items straight to your table. It is suggested that these lower down drawers can be utilised by children, putting the things you want them to eat. It also makes a beeping sound if the door is left open for too long.

Of course I am working hard on drinking more water and encouraging my children to do the same – with the touch of a finger chilled filtered water is available with a choice of cubed or crushed ice. Not to waste on space the ‘Ice Master’ icemaker (which stores up to 2.2kg of ice) is built into the door.
    It is highly priced but then I think it will save the money in the long run (that is where four or more people would be using the food from it). If it encourages more organisation and better health then what price can you put on that? I personally could see myself batch cooking and utilising the many shelves in the freezer to organise the food in date order. Since 1st July 2012 under EU registration all new models of refrigerators have to have an energy rating of at least A+ which the FSR is – which is brilliant given its size.

Quote Originally Posted by carnachpace View Post
    Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, global leaders in technology, are transforming the world of TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs, camera, printers, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors, LED solutions and home appliances, through relentless innovation and discovery. It is not surprising that Samsung are the leading brand for side-by-side fridge freezers as they constantly strive to discover all they can about their market and their needs.

If you argue about the kitchen then you are not alone. The Samsung Happy Homes Report, a new independent study, has discovered that the kitchen is the room where one in three UK families fall out over. Empty packaging being put back in the cupboards or refrigerator (53%), not being able to find things (52%), out-of-date products not being thrown away (47%) – are the top 3 behaviours most likely to cause tension.26% of us have an out of sight out of mind mentality – throwing things in the back of cupboards or piling them up; 24% of us do not weekly check our refrigerators weekly to check for older food and drink items. 73% are so ashamed at the state of the inside their fridges that they are tidying them up before visitors arrive.

Samsung Food Showcase refrigerator is a remarkable appliance to have in the kitchen of any modern family. This Samsung food showcases french door refrigerator will surely become one of the most popular ones this season. This Samsung Food Showcase refrigerator has two freezers, one with nine-inch shelves and the other having three shelves. A door refrigerator is also present which can be used in the event that there is no extra counter space.

Thread Information