I am looking to replace my beloved DMC-FZ50.

For a brief time I bought a Canon XSi as a replacement and hated it. It is horrible in cold weather / moisture areas that are often found as I trek in mountains and forests. When fighting to reduce every ounce on my trek's the additional weight of carrying an extra lense or two is unacceptable. Taking the time to switch lens is also a hassle since I don't want to break stride.

The only acceptable solution is a fixed lens ultra-zoom. Although the DMC-FZ50 was on the heavier side it was rock solid and delivered good pictures on the go.

I would prefer a camera just like the DMC-FZ50 as there are no concerns about dirt or sand intrusion into the lens; however, I have been unable to find one. If anyone has recommendations please let me know.

Otherwise I have narrowed the choices to a DMC-FZ35 and a Fujifilm S200EXR. I considered Canon SX20is; however, the reviews were not equal to that of the Panasonic and Fujifilm.

Once again...let me repeat this, I am NOT looking for a DSLR. Regardless of their superiority in images and relative cost to high end super zooms it is NOT a realistic option for me.

Let’s keep the topic on fixed lens super zoom cameras ONLY. Thanks!