• 11-07-2011, 08:16 AM
    Don Schaeffer
    Rechargable Battery Disappointment
    I used to use rechargable batteries for my AA battery cameras. Lately the rechargables have been disappointing, giving me far fewer shots than expected. Alkaline cells seem to be working much better. Anybody have any suggestions?
  • 11-07-2011, 09:16 AM
    OldClicker
    Re: Rechargable Battery Disappointment
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Schaeffer View Post
    I used to use rechargable batteries for my AA battery cameras. Lately the rechargables have been disappointing, giving me far fewer shots than expected. Alkaline cells seem to be working much better. Anybody have any suggestions?

The newer hybrid types (Eneloop is one brand) work much better. - Terry
  • 11-07-2011, 10:22 AM
    mjs1973
    I have been using Eneloop's in my camera and flash for a couple of years now. A lot of the Li-ion batteries I was using before just didn't seem to be holding a charge very well so I switched to AA's. I have been very happy with them. The one thing I would suggest, is a good charger that will charge multiple batteries at once. I have a charger that will do 4 at a time, but I wish it did more. My DSLR takes 6 AA's at a time and it would be nice to be able to charge them all at once instead of having to wait till 4 are charged and then put the other 2 in and wait some more.
  • 11-07-2011, 10:36 AM
    Don Schaeffer
    Thanks guys. I'll look for Eneloop batteries. I do have a 4 battery charger.