• 05-13-2004, 07:44 PM
    kat-eyes
    problem with minolta dimage Z1
    I am new at this so patience pleeze!! I just bought a Minolta Dimage Z 1 3.2 mp/10x zoom...trying to connect to pc...installed software o.k. seemingly...when i connect camera...goes no further than "Initailizing USB connection"...anyone with any suggestions?? I have tried unplugging and restarting pc then plugging camera back up...only does as stated above...thanks in advance for any help!!! (also disabled norton av)
  • 05-14-2004, 04:11 AM
    malum
    What operating system?

If you are running XP I would dispense with the software that comes with the camera it should then just display the camera as an extra hard drive when you plug the USB cable in (at least mine does, although it's a Fuji rather than a Minolta)
    I would also buy a card reader for convenience. (this doesn't solve your immediate problem but they cost peanuts)
  • 05-19-2004, 10:10 AM
    SmartWombat
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kat-eyes
    I am new at this so patience pleeze!! I just bought a Minolta Dimage Z 1 3.2 mp/10x zoom...trying to connect to pc...installed software o.k. seemingly...when i connect camera...goes no further than "Initailizing USB connection"...anyone with any suggestions?? I have tried unplugging and restarting pc then plugging camera back up...only does as stated above...thanks in advance for any help!!! (also disabled norton av)

Is the camera set to link to the computer, or to a printer?
    The interface can work in two modes from the menu.

I have to admit that I don't bother with the USB connection on the camera at all, but use a 6-in-1 card reader on my USB so I can read from my wife's Z1 [SD] and my A1 and A2 [CF] from the one adapter.