Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Question Problem downloading jpeg images

I've been using a Canon G3 at work for over a year now. Great camera, unfortunately, I'm having a problem downloading images and it's getting kind of anoying. When I download a batch of images to my laptop, just about every time, there are one or two images that I cannot open. I can view them on the camera, just can't seem to open them on my laptop. I get an unrecognized file format error message. I know the files a jpeg and I know there is a photo there, because its taking up space on my drive. I've taken specific images and tried to download them individually with the same result. Does anyone out there have any idea what the problem could be..... Thanks.. JB

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jim51
    I've been using a Canon G3 at work for over a year now. Great camera, unfortunately, I'm having a problem downloading images and it's getting kind of anoying. When I download a batch of images to my laptop, just about every time, there are one or two images that I cannot open. I can view them on the camera, just can't seem to open them on my laptop. I get an unrecognized file format error message. I know the files a jpeg and I know there is a photo there, because its taking up space on my drive. I've taken specific images and tried to download them individually with the same result. Does anyone out there have any idea what the problem could be..... Thanks.. JB
    When was the last time you did a clean format (instead of erase) of the CF card?
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Lost JPG images

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Fanelli
    When was the last time you did a clean format (instead of erase) of the CF card?
    Something similar happened to me (check out the discussion). There are many programs able to retrieve images. I bought Photorescue ($29) after going through their free demo on the web and seeing my images come up on the monitor. I have no idea why I lost the images but I'm glad to have them back.
    Tenny

Thread Information