Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Question need help choosing from these 3

Hey,
    Im kinda stuck between these 3.. an im a first time buyer.. so any advice or comments would be really really appreciated

Olympus C-750 Ultra Zoom 4MP
    + 10X zoom
    - AA batteries
    - slightly on the expensive side
    - Completely different Memory format (which Ive heard goes bad)

Canon S400
    + Good batteries
    - Less Zoom :-(

Sony DSC-P10
    + Good batteries
    - Less Zoom :-(

My main consideration factors are Zoom, Batteries, Price . I guess anything over 3MP will do as I don't relly need printouts. Im leaning towards the Olympus C750 .. which one would you prefer or support.. an why
    thanks
    denny

No prints?

You aren't going to be doing any printing at all? If that's the case, you might as well buy a 2 megapixel camera and save yourself a lot of money.

Out of the three you've listed I think I'd go with the Canon or the Olympus. The Canon will probably have the least shutter-lag of the three since it uses the Canon Digic processor. The Olympus might be the slowest of the three, but I'm sure the zoom range is nice and they tend to have the best camera design. The Sony is probably the best for size, if you want a small camera. Have you checked the 4 Megapixel Reviews, here. Of those three cameras, the Sony has the most reviews and the lowest rating. The Olympus has the highest rating - 4.83 out of 5. And the Canon has 14 reviews with a slightly lower rating than the Olympus. Here's a link to the 4-5 megapixel camera reviews:

http://www.pcphotoreview.com/4,to,5,...S_4337crx.aspx

Sorry I can't just tell you what to buy. There are a lot of cameras and everyone has to make the best decision for themselves. But I would follow what the reviews on this site indicate and go with either the Canon or the Olympus. Also,make sure you get your hands on all of them before you buy anything. How a camera feels in your hands is an often neglected, but very important element of what makes a good camera.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Hey..
    Thanks a lot dude... I really appreciate your reply.. after reading most reviews Im probably going to go with the Olympus.. If I dont like it Ill give it to my Dad and get the Olympus lol..
    but seriously.. thanx a lot
    Denny

Thread Information