Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Question Problems with TRUST 510FX digital camera

undefinedundefined

I have a TRUST 510FX digital camera which has started acting up. Before concerning any other people, I have been onto the TRUST site many times. Each time it would appear that my email has not been read correctly as the techies suggest doing things that I have specifically mentioned that I have done, in the email to them. Such as downloading new drivers after taking off the old ones, removing the TWAIN 32 file, putting in new batteries, taking off the whole programme and reinstalling etc.
    The problem is that I cannot download more than one photo on to the PC, before the programme stops the PC "hangs" and nothing happens.
    The downloaded one photo image is fine for the top third, then the remainder is a series of multi coloured patches (never the same twice!) which do not appear to have any connection with the image taken.
    This happen whichever photographic software I use. eg. Mr Presto, Ulead Photo Express, Windows Viewer etc.
    The camera now seems to mostly stick (when disconnected) with the letter "Ft" showing in the display window. Ocasionally I can get it to flash and show the number of photos taken ( which of course won't download). It will sometimes let me delete them...but mostly returns to "Ft" at which point I can do nothing.
    My computer is a Packard Bell iExtreme 6052 with Intel Celeron. 1024Mb RAM. 2589Mhz.
    Radeon 9250.
    I have also tried it on another PC and have the same problems.
    The camera was bought in June 2003, and has not had a great deal of use. It was working fine one day, then the next day when i attempted to download the fault started.
    Hope this isn't too much detail, but I am trying to give the full picture (no pun intended!)
    PS New message on PC, one that I haven't seen before "PDV30X is not yet connected" which may indicate that the camera is now stuck in video mode all by itself! Still showing "Ft" in the window though.
    Many thanks in advance if anyone out there can help.

Never Heard of Trust

keidee-
    Sorry no one answered you. It's too bad. I hope you see this.

You may not like my answer, though. I wouldn't trust TRUST. I've never heard of them. Best to stick to well-known camera manufacturers. There's a reason they've been around and are well-known.

Does your camera use a memory card or does it only have built-in memory? If it uses a memory card, then I'd recommend using a card reader instead of trying to connect with the camera. This will effectively bypass whatever crappy software in the camera is causing the problem. Because, I have no doubt that the camera's software is the problem. If the camera only has built-in memory, then I don't know what else to offer.

The bottom line is I'd recommend you cut your losses, get rid of the TRUST camera, and buy something made by a reputable camera company.

I hope you get to see this and I hope my advice helps.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information