Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

UFO ds 1060 questions

I've recently acquired a 10.1 megapixel ufo ds 1060 with x6 optical zoom, 2gb external memory. some scaled-down test photos:

http://forums.photographyreview.com/...746#post225746

camera description:

http://ufo.ua/en/shop/1013/1027/205586.html

I'm quite satisfied with it, however since this seems to be a chinese copy of some other camera, would be nice to know what the "original" is. Also, can filters be used with this type of camera?

Btw I bought it for around 220$ + 30$ for the 2gb flash.

Re: UFO ds 1060 questions

Actually, UFO is a trademark of Network Selects Ltd., a company based out of London, UK.

Strategic planning and work of the company are carried out in head office which is situated in London.

Researches, development of technologies and logistics are carried out by the office located in Hong Kong.

Factories, on which orders for UFO production are placed, are situated in Germany, Taiwan and China.

UFO seems to be a relative newcommer to camera manufacturing (UFO film cameras were introduced in 2001, and digital cameras in 2004), but their products do not seem to be a "knockoff" of any major brand.

In reality however, what I know of the company has been gotten from websites, several of which had to be translated to English (UFO seems to be popular in the Ukraine).

Perhaps some of our experts could tell you more.

- Joe U.

Re: UFO ds 1060 questions

Quote Originally Posted by Medley
    Actually, UFO is a trademark of Network Selects Ltd., a company based out of London, UK.
    thanks, however that I knew since it is written on my camera. However it seems unlikely that such a relatively small and unknown company can create original high quality digital cameras at lower prices that it's worldwide competitors. And even if so, why concentrate on only 2-3 countries? I 've read in russian forums that people would really like to get one however it's not sold there. Luckily for me I live in Ukraine where it's sold. This leads me to believe there is something legal like a copyright law that prevents them from selling in more places, I could be wrong however. In any case I'm very glad they exist since I got a great bargain from them.

EDIT: I have just read up on what a DSLR is in wikipedia and seems I'm in the slightly wrong forum- can a moderator please move this thread to "Digital Cameras - General "?
    Last edited by yuriythebest; 08-27-2007 at 06:18 AM.

Thread Information