Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Thread: Pantone Huey

Pantone Huey

I finally purchased a monitor colour correction device and went for the Pantone Huey.

Is it really that simple to install. I think to install disc to the finish took about 10 minutes.

Are there any settings that you guys recommend?

I selected the mode for colour setting to 'web browsing and photo editing'. Is this ok?

Also has anyone disconnected the huey after the calibration or is it best to keep it on with the room light compensation turned.

Seems a little bright when on the internet. Sure I read somewhere that settings for the internet could be altered??

Thanks

Re: Pantone Huey

I selected the mode for colour setting to 'web browsing and photo editing'. Is this ok?
    Not sure what makes color better for web browsing, but "photo editing" sounds right.
    Also has anyone disconnected the huey after the calibration or is it best to keep it on with the room light compensation turned.
    Depends, is there a window in the room? Does the daylight spill into the room? Or is this screen under one single constant light source? If the former, then definitely. If the latter, then its a waste to bother, since the light source doesn't change. They made that feature specifically for guys like me, who love to soak up the sunlight while working on photos. But if its the same light all day, don't waste the system resources keeping that device running, it would be pointless.

I haven't used the huey specifically, but I've used a few other ones. They will go through a setup process where the tool is connected to the monitor and reads the color output, and makes adjustments accordingly. It then records that information as a color pallete, saved to your desktop as an ICC profile.
    - Charlie

Feel free to edit and repost my work as a part of your critique.

Thread Information