Panasonic FZ-35

Printable View

• 05-30-2011, 06:01 PM
    scooby123
    Panasonic FZ-35
    Hi all...Yes, Im a newbie here...lol...I actually found you guys while googling different cameras...I like to get reviews from actual camera owners, and not just manufacturers or test labs...That being said, let me ask you this...And if this has been asked too many times before, please excuse...

Im looking for a compact, ultra zoom camera...dont really need a DSLR...I do not care about the video capabilites...Im really only interested in picture quality...Especially in the low-light area (indoors ie: museums, etc..)...

Now, I was looking at the Panasonic FZ-35...Heard good things about picture quality, and it has enough zoom to satisfy me...Those of you who own this camera, is the pic quality honestly that good?...And since it has no external flash hotshoe, does it do well in low light areas?...

Sorry for all the Q&A, but I'd really like an opinion from people who actually use these things, and if Im gonna plunk down $400, I dont want something I'll be sorry I bought later....Thanks for any replies you may have...

Matt
  • 05-30-2011, 10:16 PM
    MNRyan
    Re: Panasonic FZ-35
    I don't know too much about the FZ-35, but I have the ZS8. It takes pretty good photos. but struggles with low light. I think that most of the point and shoots out there are going to have problems in this type of environment. But with that being said I know that there are some that standout for being better than the rest of the pack. The Canon S95 and G12 come to mind along with the newer Sony's with the Exmor R sensor. these are using the newer BSI CMOS technology and, from the reviews I've seen, seem to do better than past P&S cameras. I think that for the money if I were looking for something like your describing I would lean towards this technology.

Some models that I've read about that are similar to what your looking at are the Sony HX7 or HX9 or the Canon G12, SX230 or SD4500. These have a bit less zoom, but from what it sounds like your going to be more indoors where you might not need as much. If its the form factor your looking for maybe the Sony HX100.

Keep in mind that the G12 is, from the reviews, a very very good, but very technical camera.
  • 05-31-2011, 01:22 PM
    scooby123
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ricksteves2011 View Post
    Hi,
    I am also a new bee here, I am also looking forward to buy Panasonic FZ35, can anyone let me know its reviews please.

Hi Rick...Ive googled reviews of the FZ35, and for the most part, people seem to love them....The people that own them are sorry afterwards when they get rid of them...Picture quality is considered excellent with low image noise (?)...I had originally looked at Canon's version, which is the SX30 is...But leaned towards the FZ35 after reading reviews...

The main thing is all the cameras are promoting the heck out of better video technology...And Im never going to use it for video, so thats kind of a waste on me....But I wanted the zoom and good pic quality....

Matt
  • 05-31-2011, 05:19 PM
    volks
    Just some additional thoughts. Both cameras in the above posts will probably be very close in picture quality.
    Some specs to check out that may be more important to you when comparing different brands may be power on time to shoot, shot to shot time, etc. My wifes biggest complaint with her non slr digital camera are the two items I mentioned. She wants a small camera but with the speed of my slr.
  • 06-09-2011, 10:14 AM
    scooby123
    Let me ask this question...I have a Canon Powershot A530 right now...I dont know how many are familiar with that model camera...But could I assume that the Panasonic FZ-35 would be a big jump in quality over that?...As far as photo quality, etc?...I have no idea on the internal workings of one digital camera to another...And will probably end up getting one of those "Digital photography for Dummies" books...lol...

On a side note...I have a canon EOS rebel G film SLR...As a rule, are SLR lenses generally interchangeable with DSLR bodies?...

Thanks again for all the help guys...I appreciate it....

Matt
  • 06-13-2011, 05:01 AM
    coderguy
    I'm also interested, it's about $150 more than I want to spend, but if it's really that much BETTER than the $250 to $300 ones, I would like to know.
  • 06-30-2011, 07:08 PM
    cameranoob93
    Quote:

Originally Posted by scooby123 View Post
    Let me ask this question...I have a Canon Powershot A530 right now...I dont know how many are familiar with that model camera...But could I assume that the Panasonic FZ-35 would be a big jump in quality over that?...As far as photo quality, etc?...I have no idea on the internal workings of one digital camera to another...And will probably end up getting one of those "Digital photography for Dummies" books...lol...

On a side note...I have a canon EOS rebel G film SLR...As a rule, are SLR lenses generally interchangeable with DSLR bodies?...

Thanks again for all the help guys...I appreciate it....

Matt

yea me too
  • 07-20-2011, 12:47 PM
    buglinbilly
    I've had quite a few point and shoot cameras through the past few years, and the F/z-35 is my very favorite PandS. I gave mine to my son and purchased the FZ-100, but I think the FZ-35 is much better than the FZ-100 in most ways. There are some nice features the 100 has but over all the FZ-35 is much better in my opinion.

Here's a few photos I took last year with the FZ-35. Keep in mind I mostly shoot wildlife.

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...01/Scotts9.jpg

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...dgerclose2.jpg

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/q...art%201/10.jpg

Good luck and have a good one. BB