Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Olympus Stylus 400 vs 410?

Should I wait to get the 410 which is due out in March at full price ($379) or get a killer deal on the 400 ($255 via discount and rebate)? I assume it's being upgraded by the 410. I compared the features list and nothing stood out to be significant. I think the viewfinder might be better (not sure), the card was a 16MB, now it's a 32MB (not big enough to make a diff though--I'm buying a 128MB with the camera). Other stuff listed seems minor (couple modes/effects, super macro zoom added, 3.3 feet more of flash distance in wide angle). Maybe I missed something, does anyone know more? Thanks!

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar

Go Old...

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Should I wait to get the 410 which is due out in March at full price ($379) or get a killer deal on the 400 ($255 via discount and rebate)?
    IMHO, If there is nothing new on the 410 that you desparately need, go for the 400. That's an excellent price and value.
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

just to let you know

there is a diffrence. but not with mega pixels they are the same. big chages are that the 410 will has TruePic TURBOTM image processor decreases the camera's start-up and shutter lag time, improves recording and playback time and continues to deliver clear, smooth image results. so it has faster chip inside.
    it has speaker that will record sound.

Thread Information