Olympus Help

Printable View

• 03-26-2004, 05:09 AM
    JohnF
    Olympus Help
    I have an Olympus C-3030 zoom
    When I turn the camera on I get "Card set up" on the screen and the green light blinks
    I click ok and get a Yes -No screen
    No turns the screen off
    Yes gets me the message "card error" and the inability to do anything else except turn the camera off
    I have tried formating the card using Smartmedia and I have tried using different cards wiyh no change in results

John
  • 03-27-2004, 03:11 PM
    Michael Fanelli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnF
    I have an Olympus C-3030 zoom
    When I turn the camera on I get "Card set up" on the screen and the green light blinks
    I click ok and get a Yes -No screen
    No turns the screen off
    Yes gets me the message "card error" and the inability to do anything else except turn the camera off
    I have tried formating the card using Smartmedia and I have tried using different cards wiyh no change in results

No one can truly diagnose mechanical problems from a distance. Call up Olympus support and arrange to have them look at it.
  • 03-29-2004, 01:14 PM
    Photo-John
    Contact Olympus
    John-
    That doesn't sound good. I used to have an Olympus 3030 and I never had the problem you're describing. You should be able to reformat the card, no matter what's been done with it. And if the card was the problem, you'd be able to reformat a different card. The fact that the formatting message comes up when you turn it on really makes me think it's a camera problem. I think you need to send it in. Or maybe it's time to buy a new camera. Sometimes getting a compact digital camera repaired just isn't worth the expense. It's better to invest the $200 in a new, better camera.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Hopefully I'm wrong.
  • 04-13-2004, 12:52 PM
    OlympusGuy
    Try this
    If its happening on more then one card, then we know its the camera. Try doing this. Take the card clean off the gold plates with alcohol and cloth. DRY the card before puting it back in. after that put the card in. and pull it out half way, then put it back in. You can do this pretty fast cause. keep doing this 5-10 times. the idea of what we are doing is to try to clean off the connecters inside the camera because they can get build up. And if you using a card reader, or took it to a place to have you pictuers taken off the card it can put dirt in the camera. After doing that with the card take it out clean it off and try puting in the camera. Let me know if it works becasue i like to hear what happend :)
    Thanks