Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Thread: Black Rapid??

Black Rapid??

Anyone out here using any of the Black Rapid straps??? I can feel the strain in my neck after a 2-4hr hike and i'm looking for something to fix that problem. Currently using a neoprene neck strap. I'm looking specifically at the RS-5 and the Rs sport extreme. Any and all comments welcome.
    Nikon D5100
    18-55
    55-300
    <<BLACKRAPID>>>>Sport2

Re: Black Rapid??

I have been using one for a year or so and like it very much no neck pain. The camera is always ready right and my finger tips. Very secure I have hung my D700 with 70-200 2.8 on it with no problems.

I love mine and cannot recommend them enough. After a long day, it was still comfortable and held the camera out of the way until I needed it.

Thanks for the replys everyone. I got the extreme sport2 and cant wait
    Nikon D5100
    18-55
    55-300
    <<BLACKRAPID>>>>Sport2

I use one too. The RS Sport I think. Great strap! I considered some of the knockoffs available on eBay for much less but I was afraid the clip might not be as good and don't want to drop my camera off a mountain or even on the sidewalk!

well i have nothing but good things to say about my Sport2 extreme. All day comfort and does what it says. I'm happy!!!
    Nikon D5100
    18-55
    55-300
    <<BLACKRAPID>>>>Sport2

jnr

I have used one for nearly two years now and love it. The only thing I would point out is to continuously check the tightness of the connector that goes on the bottom of your camera or on your lens foot. It can loosen after time and I have caught mine just before it dropped to the ground. This is in the instructions, so pay attention to it.

Been using them for over two years now. Modified mine by adding an Arca Swiss QR on the bottom of the strap since all my bodies have Arca Swiss plates on them. Never had an issue with it coming loose at all. I did use the knob instead of the lever type. Very comfortable when shooting sports with multiple bodies.

Thread Information