Nikon Coolpix 2200

Printable View

• 06-21-2004, 09:17 AM
    yalrighty
    Nikon Coolpix 2200
    I just bought this Nikon Coolpix 2200 2MP camera on ebay cause I've never had a digital camera

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

And was wondering what's the highest memory card I can use with it? is it 128 or does it take 256MB? Thanks.
  • 06-21-2004, 10:00 AM
    Sebastian
    Being a rather new camera that uses SD cards, it should go much higher than what you list. The manual should have the info you are looking for.
  • 06-21-2004, 07:41 PM
    Photo-John
    Shouldn't have a limit
    I doubt it has a limit. In fact, I've never understood how a camera could have a memory limit, if the images are stored on a removable memory card. Maybe it has something to do with the file system. Do you know, Sebastian?

Anyway, I believe you can get SD cards up to 1 Gig right now. I just bought a 256 meg card for a little over $70. That would probably be more than enough for a camera like that.
  • 06-21-2004, 09:59 PM
    Sebastian
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John
    I doubt it has a limit. In fact, I've never understood how a camera could have a memory limit, if the images are stored on a removable memory card. Maybe it has something to do with the file system. Do you know, Sebastian?

Anyway, I believe you can get SD cards up to 1 Gig right now. I just bought a 256 meg card for a little over $70. That would probably be more than enough for a camera like that.

PJ,

The limit is because some camera BIOS setups don't read anything but FAT16, limiting their maximum storage to 2 gigs. Some older than that won't be compatible with anything larger than 256 or 512 because of changes in CF card manufacture. Pretty much everything has to be supported somehow, even if it SHOULD be compatible.