Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

New to dslr and need some opinions

New to dslr and need some opinions. So their is two reasons why I want to buy Dslr 1# I want to use it to take product photo's for my website that I'm building and for another website I work on. 2# I would also like to get a dslr to take cool hi res / rich images for fun. At first I was thinking get the cheapest thing but now that I have done some research will more like watching a bunch of youtube video and going on snapsort.com and just comparing cameras I have it down to Nikon D5300, Canon 60D or 70D. I actually headled A Nikon D3200 and the Canon 60D and 70D. I have to say the Canon felt comfortable in my hand as if it was bult for it while the Nikon was kinda tiny and awkward feeling. Now I would like to know if these cameras will do a good job for to product photography. I believe they all have a bunch of similar cool gimmicky features like Wifi and having a appremotely take photos and etc but which do you think is a good camera to keep for the years to come?

at the moment I'm using my Galaxy Note 3 to take all my pictures.

Re: New to dslr and need some opinions

Quote Originally Posted by ubermuch View Post
    New to dslr and need some opinions. So their is two reasons why I want to buy Dslr 1# I want to use it to take product photo's for my website that I'm building and for another website I work on. 2# I would also like to get a dslr to take cool hi res / rich images for fun. At first I was thinking get the cheapest thing but now that I have done some research will more like watching a bunch of youtube video and going on snapsort.com and just comparing cameras I have it down to Nikon D5300, Canon 60D or 70D. I actually headled A Nikon D3200 and the Canon 60D and 70D. I have to say the Canon felt comfortable in my hand as if it was bult for it while the Nikon was kinda tiny and awkward feeling. Now I would like to know if these cameras will do a good job for to product photography. I believe they all have a bunch of similar cool gimmicky features like Wifi and having a appremotely take photos and etc but which do you think is a good camera to keep for the years to come?

at the moment I'm using my Galaxy Note 3 to take all my pictures.
    Looks like nobody is replying to your post, so I'll just say this....get the Nikon D5300, it is the best as well as the best value of the ones you mentioned.
    Volker
    Nikon D7200
    Nikon P7100
    Nikon 16-80/2.8-4 ED VR
    Nikon 55-200 VR II

Keeping it light and simple.

The Canon EOS 600D enables anyone to capture breathtaking images with creative freedom. Canon developed its 18.0 megapixel CMOS sensor and DiG!C 4 Image Processor so users can create iinspirational images with amazing detail, even in low light. The EOS 600D is ideal for those looking to embrace the creative world of DSLR photography.Hope you are the one !!

Digital slr cameras captures absolutely brilliant pics. The Canon EOS 600D enables anyone to capture breathtaking images with creative freedom. Canon developed its 18.0 megapixel CMOS sensor and DiG!C 4 Image Processor so users can create iinspirational images with amazing detail, even in low light. The EOS 600D is ideal for those looking to embrace the creative world of DSLR photography.Hope you are the one !!
    Last edited by iammak; 02-04-2015 at 05:45 AM.

Hi, I strongly agree that DSLR cameras are one of the best in capturing photos. Most of you here do have a Canon which is good also while my family has a Nikon 5100.

Thread Information