Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

New camera help :D

Hey,

So I'm kind of, like super new to this thing they call photography. I love taking pictures, and I think, so I've been told at least, I have a really great eye, plus I enjoy being creative.

I'm definitely interested in buying a new camera, for our trip to Germany in December. I also would use it though mostly for scenary pictures, taking fun artsy pictures, I love going to the beach and taking pictures of everything I see ha. Size really isn't an issue with me, I travel a ton, I'm used to carrying around big things(mainly my laptop). I'd really love to keep it at or around 500-600, under would be preferable but for a nice, durable camera that I can use for a couple of years, I'd be willing to spend a little bit more.

I'm most likely forgetting something...but for now that's all! All the help I can get would be super, and I'd be extremly grateful!

Also, if anyone would be interested in maybe being a mentor and teaching me the lingo, and the difference between things, and just talk cameras with me I'd be super appreciative. (: shoot me a message.
    Last edited by JLBlaine; 10-23-2011 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Cameras are expensive, and I realized I wanted a Digital SLR

Re: New camera help :D

Have a look at the Nikon D3100.
    Volker
    Nikon D7200
    Nikon P7100
    Nikon 16-80/2.8-4 ED VR
    Nikon 55-200 VR II

Keeping it light and simple.

Re: New camera help :D

I will go to this website to have a look

Thread Information