Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Red face Panorama of Machu Picchu

I just got back from visiting Machu Picchu for the second time. I took a panorama shot there with my Nikon Coolpix 4500. The 6 shots were saved in a Windows XP file and I can open and view them there. But they are not "stitched" together, just 6 separate photos. I don't know what to do now to get them together and display them on ImageEvent or somewhere.
    Also, is there a Nikon Coolpix 4500 forum or group on this site? At one time, I participated in one, but don't remember for sure where it was. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Re: Panorama of Machu Picchu

I guess I am too much of a beginner for this website. Goodbye.

Re: Panorama of Machu Picchu

Hey there, kathieanne. Don't get upset with us. There's no such as too much of a beginner here. But sometimes questions, for whatever reason, don't get answered. Dont' take it personally. We really do welcome all levels of photographers. In fact, I go out of my way to make beginners feel welcome.

I actually started to reply to your post the day you made it. But unfortunately, I got sidetracked and forgot about it. I apologize for that.

There are a few ways to stitch your photos in a panoramic image. Does your Nikon software have a tool for doing that? I know Canon and Olympus cameras come with software for stitching photos. I use the Photomerge tool in Photoshop CS3 to stitch panoramas. There are also a whole bunch of fairly inexepensive panoramic software tools available. If you want to look at them, here's a link to our panoramic software review section:

Read and Write Panoramic Photo Software Reviews >>

No matter what, you are going to have to stitch them together. But it will be worth the effort. And I would love to see the photo. That's why I clicked on your post when you first made it. I was excited to see a panoramic of Machu Picchu!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information