Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Problems with an Olympus FE-140

Hi,
    I've had this camera for about two years now, and recently the camera had been doing something weird with every time I try to take a photo with it. I tried browsing the forums for solutions to this problem, but my searches turned up fruitless.

Basically, every time I hit the shutter button, the picture ends up something like this: horizontal white streaks appear across the picture in an indoor setting, and the entire picture turns into a shade of green if I take the picture outdoors, or the picture just turns out white if it's a sunny day. I've tried tinkering with flash, cleaning the lens, taking the shell of the camera apart and cleaning the insides carefully with Q-tips, but nothing seems to be fixing the camera.

The warranty has long expired, and my local camera repair shop doesn't offer support for an outdated camera.

Is it time for a new camera?

Thanks for your time & advice guys!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Problems with an Olympus FE-140-problems-001.jpg   Problems with an Olympus FE-140-problems-003.jpg   Problems with an Olympus FE-140-problems-006.jpg   Problems with an Olympus FE-140-problems-008.jpg  

Re: Problems with an Olympus FE-140

You need to get your manual or go to the Olympus site an download them and check and make sure the camera hasn't got set in some manual setting that is causing this. Does this happen in a preset setting like portrait or landscape? How do the pictures look on the computer once they are uploaded? I would also try a new memory card just to rule that out too. I had a bad memory card once that corrupted the pictures from time to time.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I've searched the website and they don't seem to offer any manuals on such an old camera model. I've reseted & formated the cameras back to factory settings but the problem is still there.

If a new memory card doesn't work then it is probably a goner. It sounds like you have tried everything I would have tried. If it has an internal memory and will take a couple of shots without the memory card try that as well.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

have you tried to reset the camera , thus going back to the default settings?

Thread Information