Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Managing large files on Mac

What’s the best way to manage large volumes of files on a Mac? I’ve been using the default Finder, but it feels too basic for what I need. Does anyone have a recommendation for a more robust file management app that’s easy to use but offers more power?

Re: Managing large files on Mac

Managing large files on a Mac can be a real headache, especially with Finder's limited functionality. I had the same issue until I started using ftp app for mac Commander One, and it has made a massive difference. It’s optimized for handling large files, making the whole process smoother, even when you’re dealing with multi-gigabyte transfers. One of the standout features for me is the dual-pane interface, which allows you to move files between folders without the hassle of opening and closing multiple windows. Plus, the app has built-in support for FTP, SFTP, and even cloud storage platforms like Dropbox and Google Drive, so you can manage large files across various platforms easily. What’s also great is that Commander One allows you to preview your files and even manage compressed files like .zip and .rar without having to extract them first. It’s a much more robust tool than Finder and perfect for anyone who regularly deals with large volumes of files. If file management has been a pain point for you, this app will definitely make life easier.

Re: Managing large files on Mac

I really appreciate you suggesting Commander One! I’ve been struggling with large file transfers, and Finder just doesn’t cut it anymore. The way you describe its handling of large files and cloud integration sounds ideal. I wasn’t aware it had so many features packed in—definitely going to try it out and see if it improves my workflow.

Thread Information