Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Thread: Help me choose?

Red face Help me choose?

Thanks, and please bare with me here. I'm completely humbled by all the jargon and confusing features. I currently have a Fujifilm Finepix F480. It is OK...nothing spectacular, but it used to get the job done.

Now I've decided to upgrade, mainly because of a pretty sweet black Friday sale going on right now.

I mainly use my camera for taking macro pictures - plants, bugs, rocks, whatever. You name it...I like to take real close pictures of it haha.

My main gripes with my old camera are - there is only an autofocus. There is NO override for the focusing. The macro will often focus on the wrong object, or not focus at all. I'm confident I could probably do it myself. Also, my old camera really doesn't do a good job in low lighting situations...if any job at all.

I understand you get what you pay for, but this is my budget and I'm completely torn between the two cameras. I'm slightly leaning to the Canon for now...really only because I can order that one online and not have to stand in line like a goofball for hours to get it.

The model numbers I'm torn between are:

Canon PowerShot SX150 IS

and

FujiFilm FinePix S3280

I really can't decide between them. I'm not camera savvy enough to know the difference.

I really appreciate any help any of you can offer.

Re: Help me choose?

...am also interested to find out.

Thread Information