• 11-09-2014, 12:52 PM
    dyous87
    Looking for new camera and conflicted - MFT or APS-C
    I've been doing some research on mirrorless cameras and am trying to decide on which new camera system to buy. Ideally I want to start investing in a system that I will stick with going forward.

My family currently has a Nikon D5200 which is used as our go to camera but I want to invest in a mirrorless system that can sort of be my own personal camera.

I am currently trying to decide between the following:

• Olympus OM-D E-M10 kit with M.Zuiko 14-42mm f3.5-5.6 II R lens
    • Sony Alpha a6000 (body only)

I recently got a Sony Alpha a3000 as a cheap body with kit lens to play around with. It actually takes amazingly nice photos for the price but I really want to get a body that can more easily keep up with the D5200 from a performance standpoint.

If I go for the Sony a6000 body I wouldn't need to purchase it with a kit lens since I have an 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS E-mount Zoom Lens that came with my a3000.

This puts the Sony system 200 dollars cheaper then the Olympus with kit lens ($749.99 vs. $549.99). With that in mind what would you all suggest? Does it make sense to stay in the E-Mount world since I already have a pretty decent 18.55mm lens or is it wiser to invest in MFT as a more flexible system for the future?
  • 10-22-2018, 01:40 AM
    PrfromTexas
    Re: Looking for new camera and conflicted - MFT or APS-C
    Hi

I've Olympus E-M10 and it seems better than Sony A3000 anyway (didn't try any Sony by now). You should look at the comparison table to see which features stand out and are worth looking at. Check the Cameradecision compare results.
    I'm working with Olympus E-M10 on food and drinks photography (regional food and fast food) projects.
  • 11-24-2018, 07:34 AM
    davegerber
    I've recently searched for the tips on Photodoto, yet appears to me they are for Nikon. I've Canon and need to complete the task to compose my paper quick with the introduction of butterflies pics asap. Has anybody a pdf direct from the Amateurphotographer on full scale photography? I can find materials for my do my english homework project
  • 12-27-2018, 07:33 AM
    Tilda123
    I'm a professional and very popular photographer in my city and it brings me a good and stable income. I am sure that the secret of my success in high-quality and expensive equipment for photographers and I will never save money on this. I recently purchased a new Sony Alpha a6000 camera and I'm very excited. I decided to order it online from the original online store Sony but I had problems with the customs clearance of parcels. This young team https://clearit.ca/customs-clearance-pricing was able to quickly arrange for me a parcel and I got my camera in a few days. I have many new orders now and my business is very successful. Good luck)
  • 01-28-2019, 06:33 AM
    Jacobarch02
    The absolute best thing you can improve the situation your prosperity is to obtain a few books and find out about assignment writing photography. A touch of learning will have an a lot greater effect to your photographs than your decision of P&S camera can.
  • 07-25-2019, 12:35 AM
    solar
    that is really nice