• 08-17-2004, 07:13 PM
    Jeremy
    Kodak DX6440 -- static/snow in the viewfinder?
    Hey everybody,

I just opened up my new DX6440 and to my surprise I notice that there is a lot of "blue snow" in the LCD when I use it as a viewfinder. The "blue snow" is similar to the static you would see on a television set when viewing a channel with poor reception. The resulting pictures are fine when I review them on the same LCD, however, this snow is somewhat unsettling.

Are some digital cameras like that? Snowy LCD?

• 08-24-2004, 10:48 PM
    Clemmie
    Jeremy - I own a Kodak CX6230 (2mp), and run a small users group for it on Yahoo. I haven't encountered this particular problem before.

A "snowy LCD" is not 'normal' - but you would be a lot more likely to have intereference on the 'live view' than when reviewing images already taken.

I would suggest contacting Kodak's Customer Support, which is pretty good for these models. And if a repair/adjustment is called for, get it done soon while it's under warranty.

And don't feel like the Lone Ranger if you end up having to send it in. My group's experience is that about half have to go back for service in the first few months - which means there are some serious quality control problems at the Chinese factory. But Kodak has proven quite good at fixing the problems - so at least they're trying.
  • 02-03-2009, 05:25 AM
    mickiedaniels
    Re: Kodak DX6440 -- static/snow in the viewfinder?
    Hi, I would have to agree that the support personnel of Kodak is very good! You should tell them your problem. I can imagine how it can be totally annoying, you can even lose your concentration with "snowy" LCD...

:) Good luck!