ISO settings

Printable View

• 05-07-2004, 09:26 AM
    ixspouse
    ISO settings
    I have a Sony DSC S30 which I dearly love! It's my first "real" digital camera and I think I've taken over 3000 pictures with it in the 2.5 years I've had it. :D

I've been read on the forums about ISO settings w/ the digital cameras and was wondering if any of you were familiar enough with this one to be of help as to how to set mine. I had learned to use the ISO guides on my film SLR, but let the digital camera "do the work." Aperature settings have never been my strong point and I find the f-stops to be so confusing. The camera does have manual aperature selections (control to some extent) but they are not located on the lens ring as on an SLR - where I had learned to use them. It also has 3 presets of white balance (outdoor, indoor, auto)
  • 05-07-2004, 12:43 PM
    Photo-John
    What do you want to do?
    The ISO controls on your digital camera do the exact same thing that they do on your film camera. They change the light sensitivity. You can increase the ISO for low light photos or if you want to have faster shutter speeds. The tradeoff is that increasing the ISO also increases the noise level in your digital images.

Hope that's what you needed to know. Let me know if you have more questions.