I just bought a Lumix ZS5

Printable View

• 06-14-2010, 02:37 PM
    CaraRose
    I just bought a Lumix ZS5
    I've sort of wanted a P&S I could have on me pretty much anywhere for awhile. My mom has a TZ5 that we really like, so I figured what the heck. Put my order in for the ZS5, and just in time too... price went up $50 right after!

:)
  • 06-14-2010, 03:32 PM
    Greg McCary
    Re: I just bought a Lumix ZS5
    Be sure to write a review and come back here and post a link to it.
  • 07-13-2010, 06:06 PM
    cameramonkee
    Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your photos with the ZS5, nice work.

I just bought this camera as well. I am a total fledgling as far as photography goes, apart from having a possible good eye. So I would appreciate hearing more about how you are using it to achieve those results. More specifically I find great inconsistencies with the quality of focus, especially when using zoom, often times the image is crystal clear in the display, and as soon as I hit the button to take the picture it gets totally out of focus. And other times, I can zoom in and get incredibly clear shots. I know it's operator error. Any advice? Thanks :)

Oren ~
  • 07-13-2010, 06:18 PM
    Greg McCary
    It would help if you posted a picture. If you are shooting in low light it could be camera shake.
  • 07-13-2010, 07:59 PM
    cameramonkee
    Thanks for the reply. apparently I'm at my maximum uploads on flickr, guess I'll post some next month....but wouldn't stabilization take care of camera-shake? Sometimes in the same light it'll phase between good and bad focus, I think it has something to do with the zoom function, or macro function on the camera, or else, the camera's distance to the subject......like your quote says
  • 07-14-2010, 11:17 AM
    SmartWombat
    cameramonkee, post the images in your gallery here so we can see them.
    That way you don't need to wait until next month.