How did this happen ?

Printable View

• 02-06-2013, 12:42 PM
    volks
    2 Attachment(s)
    How did this happen ?
    Going through some Vegas photos that my wife took with her P7000, I noticed the double image on one of her photos. Since she is strictly point and shoot, it's nothing she did intentionally.

Attachment 91145Attachment 91146
  • 02-07-2013, 09:27 AM
    llewpics
    Re: How did this happen ?
    The only thing that I can think of is that most Nikon's have a so called "Multiple Exposure" option - some with 2 and some with 3 shots. So, this would be a 2 shot multiple exposure shot ...and - when you do use it on purpose, it only does one set ...and you have to tell it again ...so that would fit here as well.
  • 02-07-2013, 11:04 AM
    volks
    Thanks. Must have been something like you said, even though it was not done intentionally.
  • 02-13-2013, 11:10 AM
    Photo-John
    I hope you don't mind but I moved this thread since it wasn't really a photo critique request. My first thought was that it was shot through a window and the sphinx was a reflection. But if that sphinx image was shot right before the obelisk image, then llewpics is probably right. Maybe you should take a look at the camera menu and see if a double exposure is really possible and how it's done. That way you can show your wife how to avoid this mistake in the future.
  • 03-15-2013, 02:47 PM
    JackBurton
    Hmmm yeah those are some pretty good looking photos. I do like how the sphinx looks so majestic in the photo and makes the viewer seem so much smaller than they felt before they saw it.