Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Smile Samsung Digital Camera Burst Mode Question

I don't know if I am putting this in the right spot. This site is telling me that I haven't posted for a couple of weeks and that I should ask a question or provide a solution. I have already asked the following question but no-one has even acknowledged that I exist.

I am cudgewa from Australia. I have my own SLR Nikon but have just bought my wife a Samsung WB150F. On trying to work it out, I have looked at its PDF manual. I'd like to set it so that she can take multiple shots of sports scenes in a quick sequence. Samsung appear to call this 'Burst Mode' and it can be accessed by pressing 'Menu' while in 'Shoot Mode' and - select 'Drive' and then select 'Continuous'. All of that would be fine except that there is no 'Shoot Mode' option available (what ever 'Shoot Mode' means) and under none of the options are you able to select 'Drive' - Does anyone have any idea on what I can do to use such an option?

I thank you in advance.

cudgewa

Re: Samsung Digital Camera Burst Mode Question

Looking at the PDF myself, I think "Shooting Mode" simply refers to the camera being ready to take pictures. In other words, not already in the menus, not in playback (looking at pictures in memory) and not in a USB connection. Just turned on and ready.

No a big problem simply re-start your camera

Quote Originally Posted by johnpeter View Post
    No a big problem simply re-start your camera
    "Thank you for taking the time to post a reply, but how is restarting my camera going to help? It doesn't matter how many times I switch it off and on, it is still the same camera and is still doing the same thing, giving single pictures only."

I still cannot find how to select 'Drive' and 'Continuous' unfortunately. I'm thinking that, despite Samsung's claim that it can be done, it is not possible on this camera. It appears that I have wasted my money buying this camera for her. I should have purchased a Nikon for her, at least I know that they work.

It's page 73 in the PDF I found. Right after you enter the menu, Drive is one of the choices. Drive mode has four choices, including Single and Continuous.

Thread Information