Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

help with spots???

hello! First post for me. Been "lurking" for quite awhile.

okay, I have a question. I have an Olympus Stylus 4 mega pixel. Lately I've noticed these somewhat faint spots. They are white in color and you can kinda see through them. Any ideas whats going on? The wife says it's dust. I don't agree 'cuz these spots are always in different places. They are NOT on EVERY photo we take. Just once in awhile.

Thank you for any and all repies.
    Jay

Most probably dust, post an example and that makes it easier to see who is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashram_Peter_AUS
    Most probably dust, post an example and that makes it easier to see who is right.
    okay, I'll try. I'm new to this, so I don't really know what I need to do to post pictures...............want to give me a quick learning on how to?

When you post an image

make the image about 640 x 480 pixels in size and then change the resolution to 72, makes for a small file, but size remains reasonably sized. What imaging software do you have, probably is the first point of call.

When in advanced posting mode you will notice down the window under additional options there is a button upload photos. Select that and follow the window, it is pretty self explainatory. When the photo is uploaded, post the post and your image should show up then in your posting. If in doubt or get stuck there is a thread about posting images, have a look at that.

I have picture it by micro soft. This may take some work, because I have no clue how to re-formate the pictures.

I'll mess around with it. maybe I'll get something up, or you may have to try and give me a little more directions if you don't mind?

thanks again!

tjtank,

I haven't used Microsoft Picture It for years, can't remember it. Look for something that lets you resize the image. Didn't your camera come with software, like maybe Adobe program at all. If you can't figure it out, how big is the image, if not too big, email it to me and I will put the image up here for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashram_Peter_AUS
    tjtank,

I haven't used Microsoft Picture It for years, can't remember it. Look for something that lets you resize the image. Didn't your camera come with software, like maybe Adobe program at all. If you can't figure it out, how big is the image, if not too big, email it to me and I will put the image up here for you.

Thanks Peter! I'm on a night shift, and I will try to mess with things more tomorrw, at home.

till then, have a good one!

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar
    For me, it turned out to be a dirty lens.
    In some lighting conditions, but not all, the dirt was lit up white against the subject - but because it was so out of focus being on the surface of the lens it was transparent white blobs.

I don't think I even saved them to CD as an example of the problem.
    Maybe I should keep all my photos, good ones and bad ones

Thread Information