Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Unhappy HELP! The pics on Sony MAVICA MVC-CD250 are CORRUPT. Want to know if I can recover...

I live in NY and an visiting my uncle in Houston Texas for a week. I just went to NASA today and I took a couple of pics with my Sony Mavica MVC-CD250 camera. I took around 20-30 pics and while there I tried to view the pics and they weren't there. I retook them and while in the car heading back home, I was checking and the second batch of pics were there. After I got home I hooked it up to my PC and started the transfer, All the pics but the first 2 or 3 were somehow corrupt, The files are still there as the windows photo and scanner wizard has them on the screen but no previews are available, I selected all pics and tried to transfer them and all of them failed. The CD-RW in it is scratchless at the bottom and no dust or anything.The photo review selection on the camera shows file error. Any way to recover these files? . Help is very much appreciated as this was prolly my one and only trip to NASA. Also I am posting a pic (the only pic available from my cam) of the recovered Liberty Bell 7 lost at sea 38 years ago after re-entry from Space recovered in 2000 and restored which cost about $250,000 by the Cosmophere team.
    Click for pic.
    PS:- Please do not criticize me about the pic as I have no knowledge in photgraphy.

Re: HELP! The pics on Sony MAVICA MVC-CD250 are CORRUPT. Want to know if I can recover...

can any one help?

Re: HELP! The pics on Sony MAVICA MVC-CD250 are CORRUPT. Want to know if I can recover...

I've never had success in resurrecting a corrupt file. Sorry.

Only thing I'm thinking is maybe NASA has technology to destroy the pics on the way out the door ...
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Re: HELP! The pics on Sony MAVICA MVC-CD250 are CORRUPT. Want to know if I can recove

maybe but 3 pics are fine. Also on a side note all the pics before NASA trips are fine as well. But I doubt its anything to do with NASA as my unc's last visit to NASA came back with all pics but he didnt take pics of moon rocks and whatnot last time while I did and I have to say they have the moon rocks under very heavy security. You should see the safe door. Its thicker than my CRT nonitor .

Re: HELP! The pics on Sony MAVICA MVC-CD250 are CORRUPT. Want to know if I can recove

You could try some rescue software like this one, I'm not sure how it works with CD's though. Good luck.

http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/

Seeing there hasn't been a landing on the moon in many many many years, I would think moon rocks would be priceless, hence the safe door.

Damn it. The CD is unreadable. I finalized it so I could try use it as a regular CD. I can see the files, but no preview and cant copy the files.

Thread Information