Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

100% new to photography

Hello people.

So Im new to photography. I promised myself since I was in grade school that I'll buy a good camera and starts to shoot anywhere I feel shooting. I bought a brand new nikon L120 last week and It came today (as I stated on my other thread). Is it good enough for starters? Plus im low on budget so I bought it on a good site in where they give me discounts.

Re: 100% new to photography

You did fine. The important thing is to get a camera you're comfortable with so you'll take tons of pictures. I expect, down the road, you'll want something that gives you more manual control. But don't worry about it too much. Just take a lot of photos, don't be afraid to experiment, ask lots of questions, and post on the Photo Critique forum so you can learn from the experienced photographers here
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    You did fine. The important thing is to get a camera you're comfortable with so you'll take tons of pictures. I expect, down the road, you'll want something that gives you more manual control. But don't worry about it too much. Just take a lot of photos, don't be afraid to experiment, ask lots of questions, and post on the Photo Critique forum so you can learn from the experienced photographers here
    Hi John,

Thanks for those wonderful words! I was more encouraged after seeing some pictures of members here taking pictures of the nature near them. I'll be sharing mine soon

Your new camera seems to get fairly good reviews. With such a long reach lens, let us know what you think after you have taken a bunch of pictures.
    Enjoy.
    Volker
    Nikon D7200
    Nikon P7100
    Nikon 16-80/2.8-4 ED VR
    Nikon 55-200 VR II

Keeping it light and simple.

Welcome to our great world The sky is the limit...so go shoot the sky.

I'm new just like you. Well, I haven't even bought a camera yet so I guess you're ahead of me. GReat info on this site!

Mojy54

Hi guys!
    I'm also new to this forum, found it very interesting but confusing for me as a beginner. I want to buy my first DSLR and I love to snap photos of everything but nature is my favorite and then family/friend. My budget is 2500 $. (max 3000$). I was told to buy a Canon 7D, or Canon 60D, or Nikon D90...I'd really appreciate if you could kindly guide me which camera/lens is better for me to buy?

Thanks

Hilda

you can buy from ebay

I'm new as well. I've only ever owned simple digital point-and-shoot cameras. I'm looking to get something with a little more manual control (I still want Auto though) and something that isn't too expensive. I prefer to take action photos, family, and nature. Low light quality, good zoom, and a wider angle is preferred in the camera. I know you can use different lenses, but I'd like those all good quality with the camera. I'm looking to spend no more than $500 on a camera. I'll deal with any lenses later.

Does anyone have a sugestion on where I could start as a beginner? Thank you!!

Whats the best DSLR between 300-500 dollars with video function? I got the d3000 and it dosent have video so im returning it.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

DSLR with video is going to cost well over 500
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

look at the camera i use maybe Nikon d5100 . Cameta has them refurbished so you can save some $$$$$$$
    Nikon D5100
    18-55
    55-300
    <<BLACKRAPID>>>>Sport2

Quote Originally Posted by RoguePix View Post
    Hello people.

So Im new to photography. I promised myself since I was in grade school that I'll buy a good camera and starts to shoot anywhere I feel shooting. I bought a brand new nikon L120 last week and It came today (as I stated on my other thread). Is it good enough for starters? Plus im low on budget so I bought it on a good site in where they give me discounts.
    So do I,you're in the right forum

Hi!

I'm new to this forum and to photography and i need some help choosing between two cameras. Please help. The two cameras are Olympus VG-160 and Panasonic Lumix DMC-S3.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,,people I'm new in this forum,hope this forum enlighting me...

I'm not 100% newbie. But Im seeking advice as well. Didn't mean to hijack but I need 5 post to ask for advice..

Thread Information