Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Panasonic DMC-LZ3S

Hi,

I am looking at possibly purchasing this camera and was curious if anyone on here had any experience with this particular model. There weren't any user reviews posted about it at http://www.photographyreview.com/sf-...rand_panasonic .

I am trying to stay under $200 and I saw this one in the local store and liked how it felt in using it. I use a Nikon N80 35mm for when I am out looking to take pictures, but I just wanted to get a simple digital to have for those random candid shots.

I am just looking for something that is inexpensive yet still takes decent quality pictures. So if any of you have experience with this particular model and would like to share, I would very much appreciate it. Here is a link to panasonic's website for this model. http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...E&displayTab=O

If you have a better suggestion then this camera I would like to hear that as well.

Thanks,
    Jared

*edit* I was also looking at the DMC-TZ1S model as well. It is about $100 more and a bit more than I really want to spend. Would it really be worth it to squeeze out a bit more cash for this over the above model or not? http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs...00000000005702
    Jared

"My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Panasonic DMC-LZ3S

I just sold a LZ3 to a gentleman yesterday, and he was in your same situation. He had used a SLR in high school some years ago, and just needed something for snapshots. He also wanted it to be easy to use and under $200. I showed him so Kodaks but he wasn't impressed, and then I showed him the LZ3 and he really liked it. He also liked that it had IS (2 modes) and a decent macro function, since he also sells things on eBay. The LZ5 is also a good one for just a little over $200 ( I just like it because its black). Hope this helps.

Z
    Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

Thread Information