Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

A good camera (with good recording), 300$ budget

I am looking for a nice camera within 300$. I'll mainly be using this for every day use and occasionally recording at concerts, with that being said some nice zoom features would be great!

I'm sorry for such a generic thread, but thanks to you all who used your time to help me!

Re: A good camera (with good recording), 300$ budget

Minolta A200 - it shoots 800x600 video, has a slew of features, and has an excellent apo-chromatic lens (APO) with good range and a nice wide start (28-200). Anti-shake, tilt/swivel 360 LCD, remote, great EVF. Its discontinued tho so you'll only find it online, EBay has it going for right around the $300 mark. It is one of the best point and shoots ever made, and its a great price, came out retailing at $800. One of my favorite parts - manual zoom ring. I cant stand those electronic zoom mechanisms, once you get a manual zoom ring you just cant go back. It isn't one of the puny sub-compacts if thats what you are looking for though..

Re: A good camera (with good recording), 300$ budget

Wow, thank you, very interesting choice! Is it big though? It's hard to see from the pictures.

This is looking really good, The only problem looks like the warranty.

I've also been looking at the Kodak EasyShare Z1085 IS and the Canon Powershot SD1100 IS.
    Last edited by Sumtime; 07-14-2008 at 02:58 PM.

Thread Information