Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

getting back in the game. should I "upgrade"?

I'm starting to re-ignite my interest in photography after not doing much with it for the last several years. I was mostly into macro photography but not sure if I want to necessarily pick up that route again. so I've been thinking of getting some new gear would add that little spark to heat things up. I've been eyeing the Olympus OM-D ever since a friend showed me his a few weeks ago with a Lumix 20mm 1.7 lens. it felt really solid, and was nice and small, and I loved the low light capability. it just seemed like a sweet little set-up. My current set-up is a Canon 40D, a first gen Canon EF 24-105 3.5-4.5, and a Tamron SP 90 2.8 macro. I also don't have any P&S camera except my phone. But I find lugging my 40D around is literally a pain. So i'm thinking of selling what I have now to help pay for the OM-D. Is this a good idea? I like the idea of having a smaller but nice camera that I can use interchangable lenses from what looks like a few different manufacturers. I even noticed thinkcooper using older canon FD lenses on his OM-D! so should I "upgrade"? is it an "upgrade"?

Re: getting back in the game. should I "upgrade"?

I think i answered my own question. I'm selling my gear and hopefully picking up an OM-D tomorrow.
    I tried to post an ad on the sight but nothing popped up when I finally hit submit. so here's my CL ad. Canon 40D, 2 lenses, extras Let me know if you're interested and that you saw this ad on here. I'd be willing to do paypal knowing it's someone from this sight and not a scammer with their own "shipping agent".

Heh, I think I saw your cl ad today.
    I'd really like a 40D but I don't have any money.

Edit: Erm. Now that I learn to read, I *did* see your cl ad, but what I meant to say is that I recognized that it was your cl ad from this post.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorToad View Post
    Heh, I think I saw your cl ad today.
    I'd really like a 40D but I don't have any money.

Edit: Erm. Now that I learn to read, I *did* see your cl ad, but what I meant to say is that I recognized that it was your cl ad from this post.
    nice. i actually sold the whole kit yesterday. so I've taken the ad down. couldn't sleep because I so looking forward to picking up an OM-D today.

Congrats on the OMD. Welcome back and we look forward to some pictures.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

ELS

Quote Originally Posted by moschika View Post
    couldn't sleep because I so looking forward to picking up an OM-D today.
    Hello:

Congratulations on your sale and the excitement of getting your new:
    Olympus OM-D E-M5 kit today....

I know the feelings of "can't sleep" too excited - when receiving something new (used) in regards to photography gear / equipment...

Hope you can get rested up and get out and about to test drive it and have fun...

Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm - it's an encouraging thing... :thumbsup:

Have a nice day / evening,

Ed

Thread Information