Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>
    WARNING Takes Random Pictures MonkeyWrench's Avatar

Filter and Waterfalls

I took this picture without a filter. When I went back for a re-shoot I tried using a circular polarizing filter. It took out the reflection I wanted on the upper surface of the water but also most of the white streaming water on the lower falls. The sun was coming in at about 60-degree angle on my right. Is there a way to get rid of the reflection on the surface water but keep the falls? I did adjust the filter for what I thought was the best compromise. The re-shoot was on film. Using filters is a new concept for me and this is my one and only filter for now. One of the things I found interesting is that even though my digital camera Canon XT meters through the lens I still have to add a stop or two. Filter works great for giving me more options on Shutter and Aperture on bright sunny days.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Filter and Waterfalls-img_9468.jpg  

Thread Information