Camera cleanup product

Printable View

• 06-17-2004, 10:47 PM
    iKwak
    Camera cleanup product
    Looking to cleanup my camera since there is a fingerprint on the main lens :( and the lens where we view the picture (forgot the terminology) is dusty.

Any recommendations? I don't know if it is okay to use a generic product (found at Radio Shack and what not) for a Canon S50 (I'm a poor student).
  • 06-18-2004, 12:58 PM
    another view
    All I use is a microfiber cloth, something like this, but you should be able to find one at any camera store: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=119393&is=REG

Actually, you might want to try to blow off whatever you can first because any grit can scratch the lens. I just polish with this kind of cloth and it works fine. Same goes for the LCD screen. Don't use something that's not made for this, and if you do use a liquid make sure to apply the liquid to the cleaning tissue (once again, something made for this) and NOT directly to the lens or LCD screen.
  • 06-21-2004, 02:03 PM
    Photo-John
    Kodak Photo Tissues
    I can't remember what the actual name is, but I photo tissues made by Kodak. They're very fine, lint-free paper that you can use to clean your lens. I also use a lens cleaner liquid. Again, I can't remember the brand. It's whatever they have at camera stores. Be careful what you use to clean your lenses because some solvents may actually remove lens coatings. Buy something made for cleaning camera lenses. Oy yeah, canned air is good, too. Just make sure to clear the nozzle before you use it on the lens, and keep the can upright so you don't get any propellant on your lens. I also use bulb brushes. They migth be the best thing for dust and loose dirt.