Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Thread: Help Please

Help Please

Hello everyone,
    I have a FujiFilm Finepix E900 Digital Camera, which has worked fine for a long time. Suddenly, with no hardware change, the thing is acting up. Rather than try and explain what these photos look like, I'm going to upload a sample. The weird thing is that these show up perfectly fine while the pictures are in RAM. What I mean by that is that the camera first takes the picture, then shows it to you on the LCD as a preview, during which time you may delete the picture before it copies it to the XD card. This preview picture is completely normal, but then the picture on the card is like the sample seen here. I thought it might have been the card, so I formatted it, which didn't work. Then I tried a different XD card, and that still did not work. Any ideas? I hope it is a simple fix.

Please note: a hi-res version of the photo can be seen here:
    http://www.pmcizhere.com/images/Sample1.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help Please-example-1.jpg  

Re: Help Please

you've got CCD problem it appears

http://www.imaging-resource.com/badccds.html

Fuji might fix it for free, though your particular camera doesnt appear to be listed.
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

Thread Information