• 09-04-2004, 09:15 AM
    abeerzee
    Branded or Unbranded digital Camera
    I wanted to purchase a good digital camera for myself.After refering to some websites for tips on buying a digital camera, i concluded a 3-4 megapixel camera, would suit my need.
    After visting the markets, i found a 4 megapixel camera that has very good features for its price, but is unbranded, i.e. its not a well known brand.Branded ones like Kodak or Canon are available in 2 megapixel range for that price.
    So i wanted to know, if i should go on to the unbranded camera which comes with a 1 month warranty or should buy the branded one having higher warranty time.
  • 09-04-2004, 10:55 AM
    Photo-John
    Absolutely Branded
    There's a reason why large camera companies have good reputations and small ones have no reputation. And there's also a reason why no-name company would offer a one month warranty as opposed to the standard one year warranty all of the big names offer. Saving money will likely only cause you suffering in the long run. Check the digital camera reviews on this site and buy something that the community recommends.
  • 09-04-2004, 11:16 AM
    opus
    my husband always says, (although about buffets), "More quantity, less quality."

I guess I would feel that if unbranded can afford to offer more features for a lesser price, what quality are they giving up to be able to do that?

If a smaller company was truly trying to grow into a big company, I'd think they'd be able to offer a standard warranty.
  • 09-04-2004, 12:51 PM
    abeerzee
    There's not always that big companies offer more value for money, for example the unbranded PCs contains the same processor, motherboard and other parts as the branded ones but its cost is significantly less.
    I actually wanted to know, if there are any parts in digital camera which are kinda consumable, i.e. parts which need a change from time to time.