Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Rechargable Battery Disappointment

I used to use rechargable batteries for my AA battery cameras. Lately the rechargables have been disappointing, giving me far fewer shots than expected. Alkaline cells seem to be working much better. Anybody have any suggestions?

Re: Rechargable Battery Disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by Don Schaeffer View Post
    I used to use rechargable batteries for my AA battery cameras. Lately the rechargables have been disappointing, giving me far fewer shots than expected. Alkaline cells seem to be working much better. Anybody have any suggestions?
    The newer hybrid types (Eneloop is one brand) work much better. - Terry
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I have been using Eneloop's in my camera and flash for a couple of years now. A lot of the Li-ion batteries I was using before just didn't seem to be holding a charge very well so I switched to AA's. I have been very happy with them. The one thing I would suggest, is a good charger that will charge multiple batteries at once. I have a charger that will do 4 at a time, but I wish it did more. My DSLR takes 6 AA's at a time and it would be nice to be able to charge them all at once instead of having to wait till 4 are charged and then put the other 2 in and wait some more.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thanks guys. I'll look for Eneloop batteries. I do have a 4 battery charger.

Thread Information