• 02-06-2004, 04:55 AM
    Steve Lutz
    Battery door on Digital Rebel
    Just FYI, the battery door fell apart last week. The metal part of the door fell off, and all the little parts feel out. I called Canon, and they gave me a number for the parts company. The part cost $11, including shipping. I got it yesterday. Just wanted you to know what to do if yours fall apart too. ;)
  • 02-06-2004, 07:05 PM
    Peter_AUS
    And why wouldn't that be covered by Canon Warranty, you haven't had that long have you Steve.
  • 02-08-2004, 08:17 AM
    Steve Lutz
    I bought it used, so there was no warranty.
  • 02-08-2004, 05:46 PM
    Peter_AUS
    You bought it used, surely there is still the warranty of it from the original owners purchase. It is still covered for 12 months warranty. Still you have done it, so hey is it fixed that is all. A bit of a concern if it just fell apart like that, you don't abuse you equipment, so what did the previous owner do, or is there a problem with that on the Digital Rebels cameras.
  • 02-08-2004, 05:58 PM
    Trevor Ash
    Hi Peter,

The laws/warranty agreements could be different in our different countries. As far as I recall however a Canon warranty isn't transferable. It doesn't mean they won't cover it under warranty, it just means they don't have to.

I'm with Steve....I'd have paid the pocket change for the part too.....or at least asked them to order it and then ship it to me.
  • 03-18-2004, 06:33 PM
    shiffty
    Battery door on digital rebel
    Steve,

Care to pass along that #. I dropped my DR last week and broke the door. It's fixed for now, but I'd like to have a replacement for when my patch gives way.

Thanks,

Brian