100% new to photography

Printable View

• 02-06-2012, 04:21 AM
    RoguePix
    100% new to photography
    Hello people.

So Im new to photography. I promised myself since I was in grade school that I'll buy a good camera and starts to shoot anywhere I feel shooting. I bought a brand new nikon L120 last week and It came today (as I stated on my other thread). Is it good enough for starters? Plus im low on budget so I bought it on a good site in where they give me discounts.
  • 02-09-2012, 07:38 PM
    Photo-John
    Re: 100% new to photography
    You did fine. The important thing is to get a camera you're comfortable with so you'll take tons of pictures. I expect, down the road, you'll want something that gives you more manual control. But don't worry about it too much. Just take a lot of photos, don't be afraid to experiment, ask lots of questions, and post on the Photo Critique forum so you can learn from the experienced photographers here :)
  • 02-10-2012, 07:48 PM
    RoguePix
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    You did fine. The important thing is to get a camera you're comfortable with so you'll take tons of pictures. I expect, down the road, you'll want something that gives you more manual control. But don't worry about it too much. Just take a lot of photos, don't be afraid to experiment, ask lots of questions, and post on the Photo Critique forum so you can learn from the experienced photographers here :)

Hi John,

Thanks for those wonderful words! I was more encouraged after seeing some pictures of members here taking pictures of the nature near them. I'll be sharing mine soon :)
  • 02-14-2012, 12:50 PM
    volks
    Your new camera seems to get fairly good reviews. With such a long reach lens, let us know what you think after you have taken a bunch of pictures.
    Enjoy.
  • 02-27-2012, 02:24 PM
    PeakingFox
    Welcome to our great world :) The sky is the limit...so go shoot the sky.
  • 02-28-2012, 07:55 AM
    blueraid
    I'm new just like you. Well, I haven't even bought a camera yet so I guess you're ahead of me. :) GReat info on this site!
  • 03-15-2012, 09:06 PM
    hilda
    Hi guys!
    I'm also new to this forum, found it very interesting but confusing for me as a beginner. I want to buy my first DSLR and I love to snap photos of everything but nature is my favorite and then family/friend. My budget is 2500 $. (max 3000$). I was told to buy a Canon 7D, or Canon 60D, or Nikon D90...I'd really appreciate if you could kindly guide me which camera/lens is better for me to buy?

Thanks

Hilda
  • 04-12-2012, 05:48 AM
    salluu
    you can buy from ebay
  • 05-08-2012, 08:45 PM
    caminator
    I'm new as well. I've only ever owned simple digital point-and-shoot cameras. I'm looking to get something with a little more manual control (I still want Auto though) and something that isn't too expensive. I prefer to take action photos, family, and nature. Low light quality, good zoom, and a wider angle is preferred in the camera. I know you can use different lenses, but I'd like those all good quality with the camera. I'm looking to spend no more than $500 on a camera. I'll deal with any lenses later.

Does anyone have a sugestion on where I could start as a beginner? Thank you!!
  • 05-13-2012, 09:40 PM
    510waffles
    Whats the best DSLR between 300-500 dollars with video function? I got the d3000 and it dosent have video so im returning it.
  • 05-13-2012, 11:05 PM
    Frog
    DSLR with video is going to cost well over 500
  • 05-14-2012, 10:09 AM
    f86sabjf
    look at the camera i use maybe Nikon d5100 . Cameta has them refurbished so you can save some $$$$$$$
  • 05-19-2012, 07:53 AM
    binyo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RoguePix View Post
    Hello people.

So Im new to photography. I promised myself since I was in grade school that I'll buy a good camera and starts to shoot anywhere I feel shooting. I bought a brand new nikon L120 last week and It came today (as I stated on my other thread). Is it good enough for starters? Plus im low on budget so I bought it on a good site in where they give me discounts.

So do I,you're in the right forum
  • 05-19-2012, 07:58 AM
    mouskos2
    Hi!

I'm new to this forum and to photography and i need some help choosing between two cameras. Please help. The two cameras are Olympus VG-160 and Panasonic Lumix DMC-S3.

Thanks in advance.
  • 05-19-2012, 08:28 AM
    binyo
    Hi,,people I'm new in this forum,hope this forum enlighting me...
  • 05-23-2012, 09:46 AM
    rebar
    I'm not 100% newbie. But Im seeking advice as well. Didn't mean to hijack but I need 5 post to ask for advice..