What's your street shooting secerts?

I am getting pretty good at hip shooting. With the17mm fixed lens I can pretty much figure how close and what angle to shot at. With the firmware upgrade the 17mm focuses and fires really quick. I shoot aperture priority. Also I am learning to dress in neutral colors, gray shirts ect. I wore a white shirt a couple of times out and that was a mistake. People saw me coming from a mile away. So tell me your street secrets. Share your EVIL secrets.

I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Have Cameras. Will Shoot! NaturalWoman's Avatar

Re: What's your street shooting secerts?

okay, but don't laugh. i wear my sunglasses. i feel so invisible that i do not hide the fact that i'm taking a photo. i don't think anyone can see me as long as they can't look me in the eye.

i'm dead serious. well i'm alive and well, but that's the truth. i wear my sunglasses.

i also shoot in restaurants. i put the camera on the table and fire away. i don't look around either. i pretend NOT to see people.
    Happily photographing within my camera's limitations.Website

Re: What's your street shooting secerts?

I have done the same way with a table shot but I always thought my sunglasses might draw attention.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information