Thread: Voigtlander

Voigtlander

It can be done. I have an adapter and can now fit my M mount and LTM lenses to my EP-1. I also have an
    LTM to M adapter. The Voigtlander 15mm works out to be 30mm after the crop factor and the OVF works pretty well. The Voigtlander has such a great DOF it is almost impossible to miss focus. I just hyper focus it and fire away. I also have a Nokton 40mm and a Industar 50mm. They can be a little more tricky to focus. But still fun to play with.

I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Liz

Re: Voigtlander

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    It can be done. I have an adapter and can now fit my M mount and LTM lenses to my EP-1. I also have an
    LTM to M adapter. The Voigtlander 15mm works out to be 30mm after the crop factor and the OVF works pretty well. The Voigtlander has such a great DOF it is almost impossible to miss focus. I just hyper focus it and fire away. I also have a Nokton 40mm and a Industar 50mm. They can be a little more tricky to focus. But still fun to play with.
    Congratulations Greg! What a great outfit you have now! Your camera looks really sharp! I'm anxious to see some pics!

Liz

Thanks Liz. I wish now I had the EVF. Maybe down the road. Right now I need to be saving my pennies for the next pro body. But unless I am doing landscape work I use the EP-1. It is a great little camera.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

One of the benefits of choosing Olympus is that you have image stabilization no matter what lens you lose. I love that. How do you like having image stabilization with your Voigtlander lenses?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Yes that is sweet John. I really pays off when using the Industar 50mm. I am really shooting 100mm. I am hoping it turns out to be a good portrait lens,

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    Yes that is sweet John. I really pays off when using the Industar 50mm. I am really shooting 100mm. I am hoping it turns out to be a good portrait lens,
    What's the aperture on that lens, Greg? I am looking forward to seeing photos from these lenses. They might be something for Liz to look into since she's so concerned about the bokeh with her E-PL1.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    What's the aperture on that lens, Greg? I am looking forward to seeing photos from these lenses. They might be something for Liz to look into since she's so concerned about the bokeh with her E-PL1.
    Hi John! Good idea.

However, I invested (once again) in the 50mm/f2 - which I had purchased and returned due to the constant hunting on the E-PL1. Since I recently purchased the E-620 I figured this combo would be a bit faster (and maybe smoother bokeh). It just arrived a couple of hours ago so haven't had time to try it yet.

Greg - I'm looking forward to seeing some pics.

Liz

Thread Information