Top selling mirrorless compact system camera in Japan in 2012 is - Nikon J1

Rather surprising results from Japan. This site is in Japanese so you'll have to use a navigator than translates automatically like Chrome:

The DSLR figures are on the same page, lower down.
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Re: Top selling mirrorless compact system camera in Japan in 2012 is - Nikon J1

I am not at all surprised. It's a nice camera for the price.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Evidently they expected much better sales of the V1 since they dropped the price from $900 to $300.
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

LOL love the translation

" ... even women in lightweight, compact body ...,"

nikon is really diversifying

Quote Originally Posted by OldClicker View Post
    Evidently they expected much better sales of the V1 since they dropped the price from $900 to $300.
    Big pile of V1's at 399 Euros in my local store. It's been replaced by the V2.

I have no problem in resisting the V1 even at that price because I have the Sony RX100 which impresses me a lot. No interchangable lens but it's genuinely pocketable.
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Franglais View Post
    Big pile of V1's at 399 Euros in my local store. It's been replaced by the V2.

I have no problem in resisting the V1 even at that price because I have the Sony RX100 which impresses me a lot. No interchangable lens but it's genuinely pocketable.
    You have me intrigued ewith the x100. I haven't read any bad reviews.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary View Post
    You have me intrigued ewith the x100. I haven't read any bad reviews.
    Oh dear. Let me try to put you off:

- The RX100 is horrible. There. No. Not convincing.
    - The RX100 is definitely not for you. You have a history of compact, precise cameras (Leica M6/M4, Sony NEX7..) to do serious things. The RX100 is not really in the same category. It has no viewfinder, it is too small to hold correctly like a proper camera. It's for cases where you say to yourself - Oh dear - I really want this image - I'm not sure I'm going to succeed but I'm going to try.

It's an approach I learnt years ago with the Rollei 35..
    Charles

Just Me

No wonder, not only that Japanese can't take good photos but they also ruin yours. Have you ever been in a major touristic place standing there with your finger on the shutter release button ready to take a picture and suddenly you see in your frame a Japanese girl only three feet in front of you acting like a supermodel and making funny facial and body expressions posing for her BF whose moving with his camera up and down, right and left as if he's a professional photographer, he runs back and forth showing her every picture he takes, and takes more and more. Their act lasts for at least 10 minutes and you're standing there like the invisible man that their brain can't recognize because of genetic retardation. You can't help but wondering "what's wrong with those people?".
    Last edited by geraldb; 01-11-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldb View Post
    No wonder, not only that Japanese can't take good photos but they also ruin yours.
    That's a pretty broad generalization and really doesn't add anything to this discussion.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information