Proud new E-PL1 owner!

Printable View

• 03-28-2010, 11:13 PM
    Nyreth
    Proud new E-PL1 owner!
    After months and months of not being able to make up my mind between another P&S camera or an interchangable lens system, I finally decided on the E-PL1. Even so I was planning on waiting at least a few more weeks to see how much my trip to Philadelphia was going to end up being. But completely out of the blue, my wonderful husband surprised me with the camera the night before I left!

I haven't had time to look through the manual much or to do anything beyond just taking shots in iAuto, but so far I absolutely adore it! The size is perfect, the weight is negligible, it feels great to hold and it's very user friendly. I used it a good bit on the trip and I really liked how inconspicuous it felt out on the streets compared to some of my friends who had the full blown dSLR models. I'm really happy with the pics I got from it, especially since a lot of them were indoors in either poor or strange lighting.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who gave me advice about what to get so long ago and especially to Liz and Photo-John for all the info and posts about the E-PL1. This site really helped me figure out what was going to be the best option and was by far the best resource I came across in my hunt; seeing everyone's photos and reading the various threads made me realize that I'd enjoy the flexibility of an interchangable lens system a lot more in the long run. Thanks again everyone! :)
  • 03-29-2010, 05:53 AM
    Liz
    Re: Proud new E-PL1 owner!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyreth
    After months and months of not being able to make up my mind between another P&S camera or an interchangable lens system, I finally decided on the E-PL1. Even so I was planning on waiting at least a few more weeks to see how much my trip to Philadelphia was going to end up being. But completely out of the blue, my wonderful husband surprised me with the camera the night before I left!

I haven't had time to look through the manual much or to do anything beyond just taking shots in iAuto, but so far I absolutely adore it! The size is perfect, the weight is negligible, it feels great to hold and it's very user friendly. I used it a good bit on the trip and I really liked how inconspicuous it felt out on the streets compared to some of my friends who had the full blown dSLR models. I'm really happy with the pics I got from it, especially since a lot of them were indoors in either poor or strange lighting.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who gave me advice about what to get so long ago and especially to Liz and Photo-John for all the info and posts about the E-PL1. This site really helped me figure out what was going to be the best option and was by far the best resource I came across in my hunt; seeing everyone's photos and reading the various threads made me realize that I'd enjoy the flexibility of an interchangable lens system a lot more in the long run. Thanks again everyone! :)

Congratulations! You picked a winner! I too love this camera. It's even fun shooting in IA when you get such good results straight out of camera. It's quite easy to learn and you will have lots of fun along the way.

Enjoy! And be sure to post some of your photos.

Liz
  • 03-29-2010, 07:11 AM
    Greg McCary
    Re: Proud new E-PL1 owner!
    Congrats on the new camera. I just got an EP-1 and am quite happy with mine. After you get use to it please be sure and write a review.