• 09-03-2009, 10:10 AM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    Panasonic Lumix GF1 vs Olympus E-P1
    Panasonic's answer to the Olympus E-P1 Micro Four Thirds camera was announced yesterday. I don't think it's a huge difference - at least on paper. The most noticable differences are a po-up flash and an optional EVF.

Panasonic Lumix GF1 Announcement Article >>

Comments on the article page appreciated!
  • 09-03-2009, 11:31 AM
    Liz
    Re: Panasonic Lumix GF1 vs Olympus E-P1
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Panasonic's answer to the Olympus E-P1 Micro Four Thirds camera was announced yesterday. I don't think it's a huge difference - at least on paper. The most noticable differences are a po-up flash and an optional EVF.

Panasonic Lumix GF1 Announcement Article >>

Comments on the article page appreciated!

John,
    I wrote my thoughts/comments on both cameras, but when I submitted them, I got a message stating the website was having problems and couldn't accept them. I tried 7-8 more times to no avail. I think my comments got lost in cyberspace.

Liz
  • 09-03-2009, 01:26 PM
    SmartWombat
    My comments actually got through.
  • 09-03-2009, 01:49 PM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz
    John,
    I wrote my thoughts/comments on both cameras, but when I submitted them, I got a message stating the website was having problems and couldn't accept them. I tried 7-8 more times to no avail. I think my comments got lost in cyberspace.

Did that happen here on the forum or were you commenting on the article page? If it was on the article page, can you give me an approximate time? And I apologize. Some changes were made to that section of the site today and maybe your timing was bad. I'll do a test myself to see if there's still a problem.
  • 09-03-2009, 01:53 PM
    Liz
    My attempt at submitting a comment went through this time. :thumbsup:

John - it's fine now. Yes, it was on the article page.......probably about an hour ago. I had no problem at all this time.

Thanks for the fine article.

Just for the record, I really like my E-P1. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Liz
  • 09-03-2009, 02:27 PM
    SmartWombat
    4 Attachment(s)
    If these samples shot with the GH-1 and 45-200 are anything to go by, then the GF-1 might make it as an action camera if the EVF is close to its big brother.