Other manufacturers

Printable View

• 07-22-2011, 03:03 PM
    SmartWombat
    Other manufacturers
    Seeing that Sony NEX3 made me wonder ...

Do you think that Canon might enter this market ?
    Making an EVIL camera that takes a smaller format lens, but with an adapter is fully EF lens compatible.
    Or perhaps Nikon ?

Or in an enterprising company making adapters that power and drive the SLR lenses on other systems - even in MF and manual Aperture mode, without IS?
    Is there any value in a "me too" product that uses their SLR lenses?
  • 07-22-2011, 03:36 PM
    OldClicker
    Re: Other manufacturers
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SmartWombat View Post
    Seeing that Sony NEX3 made me wonder ...

Do you think that Canon might enter this market ?
    Making an EVIL camera that takes a smaller format lens, but with an adapter is fully EF lens compatible.
    Or perhaps Nikon ?

Or in an enterprising company making adapters that power and drive the SLR lenses on other systems - even in MF and manual Aperture mode, without IS?
    Is there any value in a "me too" product that uses their SLR lenses?

There is a rumor that Sony is making an adapter that fits on the front of a NEX that contains an SLT/AF/EVF system and takes the Sony/Minolta A-mount lenses. Along with the current E-mount lenses and the ability to use any lens adapted as MF (A-mount as AF), the NEX could really turn into a 'take what you need' type of system.

I see Canikon as in a tough position in this changing market. They need to preserve the image that an SLR is the Real Thing and still change fast enough to not be left by the side of the road.

Terry
  • 07-22-2011, 07:49 PM
    Greg McCary
    So far to me all the EVIL cameras out now have drawbacks to them. If Canon and Nikon can study the market and listen to what photographers are wanting in a system they stand to hit one out of the park. A little market research could help them both. I think right now they are both bidding their time.
  • 08-30-2011, 10:49 AM
    bigchelis
    I wish Nikon joined the evil market already.

I just hope they use the full size sensor in the D3000 APS--C size to make those Nikon inespensive lens compatible.
  • 01-13-2015, 04:43 AM
    hibaaryan
    Great news!

Wonder what they have in store for us. I hope we find out soon.