• 01-05-2011, 10:53 PM
    Photo-John
    1 Attachment(s)
    Olympus E-PL2 Pen Sneak Peek Video
    Olympus announced a new Micro Four Thirds camera tonight, the E-PL2. I've had one to play with for a little while and I've got a hands-on article with a video posted. The E-PL2 isn't dramatically different from the E-PL1 but some of the new features are pretty nice.

Olympus E-PL2 Announcement & Video Preview >>

I think I may like the E-PL2 better than the E-PL1, although I'm not sure I can put my finger on why...
  • 01-07-2011, 03:12 PM
    Greg McCary
    Re: Olympus E-PL2 Pen Sneak Peek Video
    Just as I was about to order a NEX 3, Arggg. What to do? You state it is more set up for inexperienced photographers, can you shoot in manual or aperture priority easily? Does it navigate through settings ok? Can you get a kit with a prime and is this the same sensor as the E5?
  • 01-07-2011, 05:35 PM
    Greg McCary
    Looking at the Oly site it has the same sensor as the 620 just a new processor. Probably lower noise. I wonder why it isn't going to be packaged with a prime too?
    I checked and the manual isn't avaliable for download yet.
  • 01-09-2011, 01:52 PM
    Liz
    I'm wondering if the AF is improved.....and what other "improvements" are there - any to qualify an upgrade?

Liz
  • 01-17-2011, 07:21 AM
    valeriemae
    I would actually get this one over Sony NEX series, the lens that they put on this camera was the lens they put on EPL1 on japan and it is a limited version.
  • 03-31-2011, 04:34 PM
    fotomatix
    Quote:

Originally Posted by valeriemae
    I would actually get this one over Sony NEX series, the lens that they put on this camera was the lens they put on EPL1 on japan and it is a limited version.

I made my switch to the E-PL2. I actually owned a NEX 5 for about 2 weeks. Nothing really bad to say about the photo quality. Very good lenses and the video is unsurpassed in my opinion.

Why E-PL2 then?

1. Mode selection dial (none on NEX)
    2. Integrated flash (accessory only on NEX)
    3. Interchangeable lenses of comparable quality at a fraction of the cost (IMHO).
    4. E-PL2 design is more natural to hold for me.

These are the main reasons for me.
  • 03-31-2011, 06:17 PM
    Greg McCary
    Plus you can mount a VF-2 on an EPL-1, EPL-2 and it makes all the difference in the world when shooting in bright sun. But I still want a NEX.