Olympus Pen Fake HDR, aka. Dramatic Tone

I'm attending the Vail Film Festival with Olympus this week and spending my time playing with their cameras. Today we did a little tour of the village and I shot a whole bunch of photos with the Dramatic Tone Art Filter. I've never been an HDR fan but I have to admit to finding this effect kind of addictive - especially with the flat, overcast conditions today. The photos really needed something to make them pop. The Dramatic Tone Art Filter certainly did that

For those who don't know about the Olympus Art Filters, they're in-camera effects located right on the mode dial, kind of like scene modes. There are six of them in the E-PL2: Dramatic Tone, Diorama, Pin Hole, Grainy Film, Soft Focus, and Pop Art. They also all work in movie mode.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Olympus Pen Fake HDR, aka. Dramatic Tone-p3310665.jpg   Olympus Pen Fake HDR, aka. Dramatic Tone-p3310633.jpg   Olympus Pen Fake HDR, aka. Dramatic Tone-p3310640.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Olympus Pen Fake HDR, aka. Dramatic Tone

Here are a few Dramatic Tone people shots - something you can't really do with traditional HDR because you have to make multiple exposures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Olympus Pen Fake HDR, aka. Dramatic Tone-p3310670.jpg   Olympus Pen Fake HDR, aka. Dramatic Tone-p3310645.jpg   Olympus Pen Fake HDR, aka. Dramatic Tone-p3310636.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Hmmmm....this looks like a fun camera. I really like the "fresh popcorn" shot

Liz

Great shots John!

I think the art filters are one of the best features! I think I would buy Olympus just for the art filters, especially the dramatic tone and popart.

Liz

Thread Information